Physical therapy and rehabilitation at Methodist Hospital Hill Country
Recovery is our specialty and we look forward to helping you get back to living life on your terms. Our facility offers a full range of therapies to help our patients return to the lives they love.
We offer all three therapy disciplines at our clinic:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
Outpatient physical therapy and rehab in Fredericksburg, TX
The physical therapists at Methodist Hospital Hill Country are dedicated to helping patients recover from accidents, intensive surgeries or the loss of abilities over time. By providing physical therapy with an emphasis on care, we help our patients regain their strength, rehabilitate their bodies, and reduce pain.
Our physical therapists use a variety of different methods to help you get your life back.
Some of the treatments include:
- Total joint replacement recovery (shoulder, hip, knee)
- Spinal rehabilitation
- Joint specific orthopedic treatment
- Vestibular/dizziness rehabilitation
- Balance/Fall prevention training
- Sports Therapy/Running Assessment
- Injury assessment, treatment, education and prevention
- Generalized strengthening
- Pain management strategies
- Customized home exercise program
- Dry needling
- Lymphedema management
- Pelvic pain/Incontinence
- Pelvic physical therapy
- Aquatic therapy
- Pediatric therapy
We understand how traumatic a stroke can be for a patient and their families. That’s why we offer a Stroke rehabilitation program to help our patients to have the best recovery possible. During the process, our patients have access to a multi-disciplinary therapy team consisting of occupational, physical, and speech therapists. By utilizing this multi-prong approach, we can develop an extensive treatment plan for our patients as they regain their cognitive functions.
Just as every stroke is different, every stroke recovery plan is custom tailored to our patients. We access each patient’s individual needs and construct rehab and recovery plans to best suit their lives.
Vestibular and balance rehabilitation
The Vestibular and Balance rehab program from Methodist Hospital Hill Country helps our patients stop their worlds from spinning. Built from the ground up to help patients suffering from dizziness, vertigo, or chronic lack of balance, our balance rehab program helps restore balance while preventing falls and injury.
To learn more about physical therapy services in Fredericksburg, please visit our clinic or call (830) 997-1357.
Our occupational therapists specialize in helping patients recover from an accident, surgery, or loss of ability over time. Our goal is to help you to return home and get your grasp back on life.
Some of our OT treatment offerings include:
- Breast cancer rehabilitation
- Upper body rehabilitation
- Custom splints
- Hand therapies
- Activities of daily living training
- Home safety assessment
- Bath safety assessment
- Treatment for low vision issues
- Fall risk assessment
- Energy conservation strategies
- Caregiver training
- Recommendation for home modification and equipment needed
- Customized home exercise plan
- Pain management strategies
To learn more about occupational therapy services, please visit our clinic or call (830) 997-1357.
Methodist Hospital Hill Country offers pediatric and adult speech therapy services. We emphasize tasks that improve communication skills, cognitive thinking abilities and swallowing dysfunctions. Speech therapists assess, diagnose, treat, and help to prevent disorders related to speech, language, cognitive communication, voice, swallowing and fluency. Our pediatric speech therapist also specializes in treating various childhood developmental disorders, expressive and receptive language disorders, phonological and written expression disorders, and dyslexia.
Ways we can help:
- Bedside dysphagia evaluation
- Food recommendation plans
- Volume control
To learn more about speech therapy services, please visit our clinic or call (830) 997-1357.
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at Methodist Healthcare
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.Learn about Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Methodist Children's Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Atascosa
- Methodist Hospital Atascosa Rehabilitation Center
- Methodist Hospital Hill Country
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital Northeast
- Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak Rehabilitation Center
- Methodist Hospital Texsan