Ear, nose and throat (ENT) issues can diminish your quality of life. Our ENT specialists at Methodist Hospital | Ambulatory Surgery in San Antonio, Texas, provide compassionate care for various conditions using advanced technology.
To learn more about ENT procedures at Methodist Hospital | Ambulatory Surgery, please call (210) 575-5000.
ENT surgeries we perform
ENT specialists, called otolaryngologists, offer surgical care for conditions affecting the ears, nose, throat and some head and neck disorders or injuries. Ear, nose and throat care advances to surgical treatment when conditions become recurring problems or when breathing is obstructed. ENT issues can stem from several causes, such as asthma, allergy conditions or congenital abnormalities.
Our ENT specialists offer a variety of surgeries, including:
- Bilateral myringotomy and tubes (BMT) surgery—An outpatient procedure where a small hole is created in the eardrum to relieve inflammation or a build-up of fluid for recurring ear infections
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy (T&A) surgery—Removal of the tonsils and adenoid glands to alleviate tonsillitis, swallowing issues, breathing problems, infections and sinus issues resistant to antibiotics
- Thyroidectomy—Full or partial removal of the thyroid due to cysts, nodules, hyperthyroidism or goiter
- Parathyroidectomy—Removal of the parathyroid glands, which control calcium levels in the blood, due to an overproduction of the parathyroid hormone
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)—Minimally invasive reconstructive surgery to enlarge sinus drainage pathways to alleviate chronic sinusitis
- Septoplasty (with or without turbinectomy)—Surgery to repair a deviated septum, with or without the removal of overactive turbinates, structures in the nose that cleanse and humidify air passing into the lungs through the nostrils
Pediatric ENT surgery
One of the most common reasons children visit their pediatrician is for ear, nose and throat issues. Our board-certified surgeons are equipped to provide pediatric ENT care for all procedures we perform for adults. Many of the procedures we provide are outpatient, can last anywhere between 15 minutes to a handful of hours and use general anesthesia.
Visiting our ENT specialists
We are located within the Huebner Medical Center off of Huebner Road. Patients or visitors can park for free in our lot. Methodist Hospital | Ambulatory Surgery is in suite 100, on the first floor. Patients arriving for surgery can check-in at the admissions desk, and the staff will direct you to your next steps.
Appointments for surgery are scheduled between the operating room and your referring physician. Your referring physician or surgeon will walk you through how to prepare for your surgery, including any dietary limitations, and your attending team of surgeons, nurses and specialists will provide information for you and your family for after surgery care.
Methodist Ambulatory Hospital encourages you to visit your loved ones scheduled for surgery. When you arrive, you can enter through the main entrance or the ER entrance. Visitors can use our waiting room and then move to the patient's room after surgery.
We offer open visitation hours, including overnight stays, at the discretion of the attending nurses to ensure an environment for rapid recovery. We ask that only two to four visitors are in the patient's room at a time.
Ear, nose and throat at Methodist Healthcare
Ear, nose and throat specialists provide care for the head and neck. Commonly referred to as ENTs, these physicians treat a range of conditions, including allergies, sore throat, ear infections, hearing loss, sinusitis and certain types of cancer.Learn about Ear, nose and throat
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital South
- Methodist Hospital | Ambulatory Surgery
- Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital | Northeast
- Methodist Hospital | Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital | Stone Oak
- Methodist Hospital | Texsan