Infertility treatment in San Antonio, Texas
Unfortunately, getting pregnant isn't easy for everyone. One in eight couples will struggle with infertility. Our fertility specialists and supportive, multidisciplinary teams at Methodist Healthcare are dedicated to helping patients navigate their journeys with infertility. Our fertility specialists and supportive, multidisciplinary teams at Methodist Healthcare are dedicated to helping patients navigate their journeys with infertility.
For more information about our fertility treatments or if you are interested in donating eggs, please call (210) 812-2867.
Our full-service, four-bed surgical facility provides an expert team of reproductive endocrinologists, registered nurses and certified surgical technologists with extensive knowledge and success in fertility treatment.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak Fertility Clinic offers a variety of minor nonsurgical and surgical treatment options to meet your personal needs, regardless of gender. We perform a careful evaluation to determine the reason for infertility and provide individualized care for every patient. We have achieved tremendous advancements in the treatment of infertility to maximize your chance for a successful pregnancy.
Our fertility clinic also offers:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) using donor sperm: IUI is a procedure done to prepare sperm to enter a woman's uterus to achieve pregnancy.
- Reciprocal in vitro fertilization: Lesbian couples that do not have fertility issues may choose to use this procedure to retrieve eggs from one partner, inseminate the egg with donor sperm and have the embryo then transferred to the other partner to become pregnant.
- Surrogate carrier options: A woman, who is not related to the child she is carrying, volunteers to carry a pregnancy biologically through in vitro fertilization.
In vitro fertilization (IVF)
IVF is a series of medical procedures used to treat fertility problems and assist with the conception of a child. IVF is considered one of the most common and most effective forms of assisted reproductive technologies.
IVF is for women who have had unprotected sex for six months to one year and have not become pregnant, women who have had multiple miscarriages or women who have not been able to carry a baby to full term.
Our team is 60 percent above the national average success rate for IVF. Our industry-leading fertility lab provides a variety of IVF services, including:
- Egg retrieval
- Embryo transfer
- Percutaneous epidermal sperm aspiration
- Testicular sperm extraction
Egg donation is a process that allows a fertile woman to donate an egg (or oocyte) to another woman to help her conceive. During this procedure, a doctor removes the egg or eggs from the donor, fertilizes them in a laboratory and transfers the embryos into the recipient's uterus.
Female infertility can be treated with a variety of techniques, including fertility drugs, IVF, donor sperm or egg and fertility surgery. Our specialists can help determine when you are most fertile based on your fertility calendar. Common causes of infertility in women can include:
- Uterine fibroids or polyps
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Menstrual cycle abnormalities or problems with ovulation
Male infertility is a factor in almost 50 percent of all infertility cases. Common causes of infertility in men can include:
- Low sperm count
- Varicocele (enlargement of veins in the scrotum)
- Complications from sexually transmitted diseases
- Hormonal deficiencies
- Issues with sexual function
- Environmental or lifestyle issues
Infertility in men can be treated through intrauterine insemination (IUI) or IVF with or without intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), surgical repair or lifestyle changes.