Baby delivery at Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan
The birth of your baby can be one of the most exciting and wonderful experiences you will have. We provide moms with the only stand-alone birthing center in San Antonio, housing all women’s services. The Metro Special Delivery program at Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan focuses on giving new moms the best birth experience possible with comprehensive and compassionate care.
To learn more about our labor and delivery unit, please call (210) 757-2110.
Metro Special Delivery has a long list of physicians specializing in labor and delivery and an experienced staff committed to keeping mothers and their new babies safe and happy throughout the delivery experience. Our physicians specializing in obstetrics are on-site from 6pm - 6am and on-call from 6am - 6pm. We also have anesthesiologists available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Features of our labor and delivery unit
We are proud to offer a state-of-the-art facility for new and expecting moms that features:
- Level III newborn intensive care unit (NICU)
- Stand-alone building with 24/7 security station on the first floor
- All private mother and baby rooms and suites
- Advanced infant security system
- Chef-prepared meals for all new moms
- “Rooming-in” so mom and baby can spend quality time
- Cord blood collection and banking
- Certified Texas 10 Step lactation services on-site
We encourage expecting moms to schedule a tour with us before giving birth. Our free Peek-A-Boo tour will give you an idea of what to expect on your big day.
Metro Special Delivery location and parking
We are located in the Women's Pavilion right next to Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan at 1410 McCullough Avenue in San Antonio, Texas. We suggest parking in the parking garage located closest to the Women's Pavilion. To reach our scheduling phone line, please call (210) 757-2251.
Labor and delivery at Methodist Healthcare
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital South
- Methodist Hospital | Ambulatory Surgery
- Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital | Northeast
- Methodist Hospital | Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital | Stone Oak
- Methodist Hospital | Texsan