Advanced cancer treatment, close to home
You don't have to go through a cancer diagnosis alone. Our team of physicians, nurses, case managers and chaplains are here to help patients and their families cope during the process of diagnosis and treatment.
To learn more about the full scope of cancer services we provide, please call (210) 757-2350.
At Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, we are here to provide high-quality cancer care with services such as chemotherapy, tumor removal, platelet transfusion and cancer screening. Types of cancers we diagnose and treat include:
Breast cancer care at Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan offers specialized breast cancer care. Through its partnership in breast health with STRIC (South Texas Radiology Centers), patients have access to the Boutique Mammography Center Alamo Heights PLUS+ location , offering comprehensive, coordinated breast care close to home. Mammograms and breast biopsies scheduled with the Boutique Mammography Center Alamo Heights PLUS+ give the advantage of:
- Board certified radiologists
- Early Access to Breast Center Nurse Navigation Services of Methodist Hospital I Metropolitan
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is also home to the Pink Warriors Breast Cancer Support Group. A community comprised of those battling breast cancer, and their caregivers, Pink Warriors provides emotional and social services to encourage hope and positive outcomes. For more information call (210) 757-8546 .
Oncology nurse navigators
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan works together with Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, to provide experienced, compassionate nurse navigators who will guide you through your cancer journey. The cancer nurse navigator is your medical system advocate and will help you, and your family, understand each part of the cancer journey while compassionately supporting your physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. The cancer nurse navigator will provide assistance with:
- Understanding diagnosis and available treatment options
- Understanding what resources are available and how to access them
- Overcoming barriers and coordinating care with the entire healthcare team
- Connecting patients with community resources
- Providing educational materials
- Improving communication between the healthcare team and participating in multidisciplinary cancer conferences to assure personalized cancer treatment for each.
For more information about Nurse Navigation, call askSARAH at (210) 507-0941.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is accredited by the American College of Surgeons' National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers for our excellence in breast cancer treatment.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is Certified at the highest level by the National Quality Measures of Breast Centers (NQMBC) as a Quality Breast Center of Excellence.
A survivor’s perspective
Last year, June Chapko felt a lump in her breast but fear of the pandemic prevented her from getting a mammogram for a few months. Thankfully, June realized that "cancer won't wait" for the pandemic to subside. Hear June’s story about the second chance at life she was given after the care she received at Methodist Hospital Metropolitan.
Getting to the oncology unit
We are located on the seventh floor of Methodist Hospital Metropolitan. You may park in one of our parking garages or the lot located right across from the hospital. To book an appointment, please call (210) 575-0355.
Oncology at Methodist Healthcare
Oncology refers to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Oncology treatments may include chemotherapy, radiation, medication or surgery. Oncologists can specialize in one of three fields of oncology: medical, radiation or surgery.Learn about Oncology
- Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant Clinic, a Department of Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Cancer Care Rehabilitation Center
- Methodist Children's Hospital
- Methodist Children's Hospital Cancer and Blood Center
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Atascosa
- Methodist Hospital Hill Country
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital Northeast
- Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak