Methodist Healthcare has limited hospital entry points. Upon entry to the building, staff will screen vendors and also visitors who meet certain criteria for special patient populations.
To ensure the safety of our patients, staff, physicians and visitors, Methodist Healthcare will continue to practice proven tactics for controlling the spread of COVID-19, including universal masking and screening of all staff and visitors. Our processes will not change with Governor Abbott’s lifting of the state mask mandate, which takes effect on Wednesday, March 10.Learn more about our visitor policy
Pregnancy and delivery
At this time, our policy is to allow one named visitor to be present for your birth, provided that they meet the hospital’s health screening requirements. After a safe and healthy delivery, one visitor at a time will be allowed to visit mother and baby during their hospital stay.
- Be at least 10 years of age (inpatient exception only for minors)
- Have no close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Have no signs or symptoms of lower respiratory illness (all visitors must be screened upon entry for symptoms and fever, following the current screening process)
- Wear a mask at all times (visitors will not be permitted to gather in hallways or other common areas of the facility for prolonged periods of time)
- Follow social distancing guidelines at all times